Has Anyone Actually Gotten Beta Testers' Replays To Work With Version 14133?

Started by Sta, March 04, 2010, 07:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sta

1. I installed Starcraft, upgraded through all the patches. (Latest patch is version 14133)
2. I got Lazy Launch 2.
3. I downloaded a replay that I was positive was from the latest patch (14133) and was played by a legit beta player. (In other words I am not trying to play my own replays from some AI game or something)
4. I looked at the map. I made sure to put the ORIGINAL NON AI map (that I downloaded from nibbits) into the appropriate cache folder. For example, Lost Temple went here: C:\Users\MYNAMEHERE\AppData\Local\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache\93\9a
5. I run Lazy Launch 2, select the replay. The game loads up then gives me this error:

**TEMP** One or more files which are needed to play this game are not available locally. They must be downloaded first.

So here is my question:

Has anyone been able to play Version 14133 (Latest patch) replays with Lazy Launch 2? And if not, has anyone been able to play Version 14133 repays in any way.?

-----------

**UPDATE**

I am now able to play these replays. What I did is I got my hands on the entire cache folder (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache\) from a legit beta player. It looks like map file names change across beta versions and a lost temple from a previous version now would have a different name. I have no idea where a publically available Version 14133 Cache Folder would be available, but I received mine privately.

Also make sure that you are using the non ai modded C:\Program Files\StarCraft II Beta\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\Base.SC2Data file. If you replaced it with new AI I hope you made a backup! If you didnt you need to reinstall SC2 and patch it etc.. so no big deal.

Hope this helps!

chetjan

Ya I have it working (but you are right you need the latest cache folder)

Duvigneau

Can somebody host this Cache Folder on rapidshare or something? I'd like to watch replays as well as I'm quite bored playing VS AI now :P