Problem: Double CC, Nexus or Hatchery

Started by Bu3no, February 28, 2010, 12:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bu3no

Hello everyone! :) I'd like to start by saying how grateful I am for this forum and everyone involved with the cracking of SC 2 beta, or the emulation of the B.Net server.

I've been playing all day long yesterday against AI using the Starcrack V3 AI and the AI maps.

However, when I woke up today to play, I ended up having 2x Command Centers, Nexus or Hatcheries and twice the amount of workers at the start of the game. All the time... Plus, any unit I create is doubled when it finishes.

At first, I thought the new lazy town launcher v2.0 might be at fault. So I tried the old one, same thing... then I thought the GUI AI/Map launcher ( http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/index.php?topic=638.0 ) was the problem, but it wasn't. I tried replacing the Starcrack v3.0 AI with the original one, but it still did the same thing. I tried old non-AI maps, and it still didn't fix my problem.

Finally, I tried reinstalling the Beta altogether. Guess what? Same thing occurs. I'm a bit puzzled as to what happened during the night so that I get twice everything in a game. I suspect the AI also gets twice everything, didn't check though.

Has anyone else had that problem? And if so, have you been able to fix it and how?

Thanks for the help!

WildFire

yeah it has something to do with the sc2 launcher. when you uninstalled it did you deleate al the files left in my documents?

Bu3no

Humm no I forgot about those. Should I do it now, without uninstalling? And if that doesn't work, reinstall and delete those files too?

EDIT: I tried deleting the cache folder in Documents and Settings without reinstalling, didn't work... think I should reinstall and see if it works?

chikopaws

Quote from: Bu3no on February 28, 2010, 12:14:56 PM
Humm no I forgot about those. Should I do it now, without uninstalling? And if that doesn't work, reinstall and delete those files too?

EDIT: I tried deleting the cache folder in Documents and Settings without reinstalling, didn't work... think I should reinstall and see if it works?

one more..

my protoss building animations just messed up with this launcher..
for ex: I built pylon.. and when it's 1/4, the building animation looks like it's almost finished..! but then it back again to normal..
this happen like 3 times in a single building pylon!

I haven't tried this with terran or Zerg

Bytron

Hi, i had this problem to but yeah... try going to your starcraft 2 beta-Mods- Then LibertyMulti.SC2Mod folder, delete all in that folder.

starcrafter64

Pro tip. Keep copies of all original files you delete, modify or move.Keep a notepad log of all the changes you make to any and all folders.

Uninstall the beta. Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Starcraft II Beta. Delete the Starcraft II folder in your my documents.

Reinstall. Profit?

Generallyif you over write or replace any files, and try to uninstall the game,the uninstaller will not remove the overwritten files because the filesize and authentications don't match.

chikopaws

Quote from: Bytron on February 28, 2010, 12:30:36 PM
Hi, i had this problem to but yeah... try going to your starcraft 2 beta-Mods- Then LibertyMulti.SC2Mod folder, delete all in that folder.

can you upload the original file in liberty.sc2mod please??

I only backup base.sc2data

Bu3no

Ok so I found what the problem is. It seems to have to do with the GUI Loader.

It seems to place the AI you select in "\Mods\LibertyMulti.SC2Mod"

and somehow, both

"\Mods\LibertyMulti.SC2Mod\Base.SC2Data"

AND

"\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\Base.SC2Data "

must be (partly?) executed... This is all speculation though... deleting whatever's in LibertyMulti.SC2Mod and using the lazytown launcher (because GUI loader automatically places the AI to be used in the multi folder, which screws up everything) fixes the problem!

I suspect the GUI loader needs fixing so that it places the correct AI file in the correct folder ("\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\")

Thanks Bytron!

Bytron

Yeh, see what happened is i think i extracted some files into that folder on accident... thats what was causing all the probs, but the deletion fixes

Kazlo

Sounds like you tried to overwrite the the "Base.SC2Data" in the wrong folder to get a better AI opponent.

I had the problem myself, and it's a very easy fix to it.

You got the same "Base.SC2Data"-file in 2 folders just beside each others.
"C:\Program Files\StarCraft II Beta\Mods\LibertyMulti.SC2Mod"
"C:\Program Files\StarCraft II Beta\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod"

The reason for this, is because the custom AI-file is spesificly programmed for the singleplayer modfolder.

To fix the problem, download backup files >> here <<.

I'm not sure if it's "smart" to delete it since you will need them for the multiplayer emulator later on.

chikopaws

Quote from: Kazlo on February 28, 2010, 12:50:05 PM

Sounds like you tried to overwrite the the "Base.SC2Data" in the wrong folder to get a better AI opponent.

I had the problem myself, and it's a very easy fix to it.

You got the same "Base.SC2Data"-file in 2 folders just beside each others.
"C:\Program Files\StarCraft II Beta\Mods\LibertyMulti.SC2Mod"
"C:\Program Files\StarCraft II Beta\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod"

The reason for this, is because the custom AI-file is spesificly programmed for the singleplayer modfolder.

To fix the problem, download backup files >> here <<.

I'm not sure if it's "smart" to delete it since you will need them for the multiplayer emulator later on.

aaaaahhh... too late..

I already uninstall my sc2  :'(

I'm trying to reinstall right now..

thx for the solution anyway

Bu3no

You must be correct Kazlo. However, Valkirie's launcher automatically places the AI file in the "C:\Program Files\StarCraft II Beta\Mods\LibertyMulti.SC2Mod" folder, overwriting the original one anyway. He does that to switch the AI upon loading, right before launching the lazytown launcher. However, he's got the wrong folder, and both seem to be executed, ending in double everything.

Replacing the files and refraining from using Valkirie's loader until he fixes the path for his loader is the correct thing to do :)

EDIT: Version 0.13 of Valkirie's launcher fixes the problem. Provided you restored your original files in LibertyMulti.SC2Mod folder.

EDIT2: Version 0.14 fixes everything with the restore feature (under the Play button). Big thanks to Valkirie for the quick fix!