Use you illusion v0.9b - Custom map for SC2(you VS swarm of units)

Started by 2g4u, February 27, 2010, 07:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2g4u

A custom map in which you are given a random race to try and take the control of the center of the map. Its very basic, but at least is something better than playing VS yourself.

So here you stay young commander. At uneven ground vs uneven force. Your only advantage is having time. Act wise and achieve victory or rush in and suffer defeat.

* The name is based on the famous replay of a game between KIROFF[T] and Tapoto_kopele[P]. It should be called Use your Imagination, but back than English wasn't so popular in Bulgaria(yes its obviously a typo).

** Considering the amount of units you will need a good PC or you will have problems.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former!" Albert Einstein

Venom

Good job, this is definitely some clean fun > playing alone.

dkuneo

My game crashes when moving the camera to the center of the map, like its getting overloaded :/

update: turned down my gigabyte overclocking program and it worked np

Ceron

i scouted with my lovely probe and it got killed by a carrier. no problems.

a few minutes later 2 battlecruisers and 1 carrier attacked my base -.-

wont go scouting again.

2g4u

Its easy to beat the map if you use last fully upgraded last tier units(Battlecruisers, Carries, etc) or AoE abilities like Psi Storm(after all all the units in the middle are not upgraded). If you wanna have fun try beating them with lower tier units.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former!" Albert Einstein

townie

THX @ 2g4u
how about a map with less units (small unit groups) to train some mirco?

creamsoda

Megaupload Mirror: Use you illusion v0.9b

zaggynl

The map doesn't show up for me, where should I place it and how do I load it?

It should be placed in "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\StarCraft II Beta\Maps" right?

chicodude

So... are they supposed to attack or something? Most of the time I get to steamroll them first before they start owning my ass :P

dodongbadong

its really terrifying mothership plus cloaked thors haha.. well not bad my fren hope some more interesting map. yehey
You make your best AI script "cheating or not"
and ill test it for you
- FREE-

2g4u

Quote from: chicodude on February 27, 2010, 09:53:03 AM
So... are they supposed to attack or something? Most of the time I get to steamroll them first before they start owning my ass :P

Nope they are just spawned at the mid, they will never attack you. I don't know how to use triggers to get them moving or attacking.