SC2 TW version over legal SC2 EN version

Started by ratnik, July 11, 2011, 06:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratnik

So I have the legal EN version but when i try isntalling the TW one it wants to install files in same directories the EN version is installed...(including Documents and Program Data which I can't change the location of)...I know I can temporarily move the EN files to another location and then keep replacing files based on which version i want to play...but what worries me is how the TW client alters the registry files...will the TW registry files override the EN ones and cause me issues with my legal copy?

tl;dr: how do you guys set-up double installations of sc2...one EN and other TW

Thanks

Pulzlulz

Here's what I did:

Deinstalled real version, installed TW. Renamed Starcraft II to something else, installed real version again and I have 2 versions working.

ratnik

Pulzlulz

And you have to manually patch both of them.

Ballwinkle

You could just rename normal SC2 then install SC2 TW

xKaiZi

i dont see why people have to do everything backwards, just change the location you want to install the game by clicking the top right button when it ask you where you want it.

Pulzlulz

Doing that I got errors so I had to do everything my way.

xKaiZi

yeah i heard some people got errors installing but me and others on sc2c didnt have any issue. i would recommend to just change the install location and if you get error than people should try your way